Every idea needs a champion
NECTAR is not about other people doing it for you. It is about you taking a leadership role to effect change. The NECTAR team will help you to navigate the path from your idea to a proposal to be put to the ANU Executive, but it is up to you to determine what your proposal is about, why it is important, and what ANU can do to make it happen.
Check out our current projects below.
Register now, limited places, don’t miss out!
NECTAR Retreat is ANU’s Early Career Academic Retreat
20 -21 June 2017 at the National Museum of Australia, Peninsula Room
- Be heard,
- Take charge of your own network, and
- Lead the future strategy of ANU!
- Roundtable discussion with Professor Brian Schmidt, ANU Vice-Chancellor
- Direct collegial discussion with both ANU’s Deputy Vice-Chancellors!
- Strategic directions: What does it take to see your vision realised?
With Professor Graham Durant, Director of Questacon; Professor Joanne Tompkins, Executive Director (Humanities and Creative Arts), ARC, and Dr Tony Willis, Executive Director, NHMRC.
- Workshop on innovation in teaching with Glen O’Grady, Director CHELT
- Engaging with industry to advance your vision through strategic partnerships
With Professor Michael Breadmore (1 of only 3 Australians in Analytical Sciences top 40 under 40) and world leading anthropologist Professor Genevieve Bell
- Engaging with the public as an expert, Dr Rod Lamberts, Deputy Director CPAS
- How to improve supervision at ANU and develop a culture of mentoring, with ANU’s new Dean of Higher Degree Research, Professor Imelda Whelehan
Early bird registrations (by 12 June) are FREE and go in the running for a free massage
Image of NECTAR Retreat 2016
Do you have a colleague who’s always talking about open access? Maybe they bore you with the benefits, or are completely confused by the whole thing? (read more…)
First meeting of this group: Monday 23 June, 12 noon, Fellows Bar, University House. Please come along! (read more…)
Would you like to know what research is going on around ANU?
Maybe you’d like an opportunity to share your research with ECA from across campus?
Or perhaps you have access to resources or equipment that could be used in research collaborations?