The ANU Gender Institute is presently preparing for a 5 year review of its achievements and impact with a view to building on the success of the Institute and ensuring its continuation. The formal review process will begin soon, and the Gender Institute would like to solicit member feedback and ideas for future directions.
Gender Institute members are invited to attend a general meeting with the Convener, Fiona Jenkins, and members of the Gender Institute Management Committee (Kim Rubenstein, Margaret Jolly, Hilary Charlesworth, Celine D’Orgeville and Helen Keane) where you can provide your feedback and ideas on the future of the Institute.
When: Wednesday 19 August, 12:30-1:30pm (followed by a light lunch 1:30-2:00pm)
Where: Conference Room 1.02, Sir Roland Wilson Building (120 McCoy Circuit).
by Friday 14 August for catering purposes (please specify any dietary requirements e.g., vegetarian, gluten free etc.).
The purpose of the review is to assess the Institute on the following aspects:
– Gender research, education and outreach
– Gender equity at ANU and beyond
– National and international outlook and engagement
– Influence in policy and practice
– Furthering the strategic goals of ANU
– Attracting visitors and students
– Grants, prizes and fellowships
– Management and governance structure
The Gender Institute understands that many members will have teaching commitments so if you are unable to attend, please feel free to email your feedback and ideas to email@example.com.