Research Professional (RP) provides an easy way to find new funding sources for all disciplines within Australia and overseas. The database provides funding opportunities freely accessible to everyone at ANU and allows users to create and save searches to find new funding sources based on key words and deadlines.
In November 2016, ANU engaged a 3-month trial on two new features in RP “Funding Insight” and “Global News” (currently available to a limited number of users). Funding Insight (document attached) provides a useful addition to funding information, allowing you to identify and apply for the funding best suited to you and direct access to insights and intelligence on funding sources. “Funding Insight” also provides additional background, insight and user viewpoints regarding the opportunities available.
In addition, the Global News provides authoritative news, analysis and comment that covers government departments and funding agencies such as the research councils and the activities of universities themselves. We would be grateful if you can attend one of these sessions:
ANU: Tuesday, 29th of November 2016
The RP representative, Rene Logan, will deliver sessions on ‘How to find funding’
- Academics and professional staff sessions:
- Time: 14:00 – 15.00
- Venue: Copland Building , Building 24, Computer Lab G25 (map)
Register: Please click on this link
- College and central RP administrators:
- Time: 15.15 – 16.30
- Venue: Copland Building, Building 24, Computer Lab G25 (map)
Register: Please click on this link.
Please note: We welcome staff to attend the available sessions
Please feel free to invite your work colleagues.
By the end of these sessions, attendees will be able to:
- Search for awarded grants from major Australian and international fund sources.
- Set up the alert feature for new funding opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of the new features: Global News and Funding Insight.
- Get some knowledge about the Fingerprinting feature that RP has recently adopted.