NECTAR Retreat is ANU’s Annual Early Career Academic Development event
At this event you can:
- Be heard,
- Take charge of your own network, and
- Lead the future strategy of ANU!
In 2017 this event was held at the National Museum of Australia over two days. It looked like this:
Key events in the program:
- Roundtable discussion with Professor Brian Schmidt, ANU Vice-Chancellor
- Direct collegial discussion with both ANU’s Deputy Vice-Chancellors!
- Strategic directions: What does it take to see your vision realised?
With Professor Graham Durant, Director of Questacon; Professor Joanne Tompkins, Executive Director (Humanities and Creative Arts), ARC, and Dr Tony Willis, Executive Director, NHMRC.
- Workshop on innovation in teaching with Glen O’Grady, Director CHELT
- Engaging with industry to advance your vision through strategic partnerships
With Professor Michael Breadmore (1 of only 3 Australians in Analytical Sciences top 40 under 40) and world leading anthropologist Professor Genevieve Bell
- Engaging with the public as an expert, Dr Rod Lamberts, Deputy Director CPAS
- How to improve supervision at ANU and develop a culture of mentoring, with ANU’s new Dean of Higher Degree Research, Professor Imelda Whelehan
Image of NECTAR Retreat 2016